A security officer is a uniformed professional, fully trained and knowledgeable of all post orders, operation logs, procedures, practices and site layout. The security guard protects property against thievery, arson, property damage, and terrorism. This officer in also trained in customer service. He or she is on site to provide a concierge service as well as deter, detect and report any incidents which may occur.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be 18 or older
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand the English language
- Writing basic incident reports
- Testify in court
- Interview witnesses or victims
- Must be able to write detail reports.
- Contact police, fire, or emergency medical services via radio and/or telephone
- Must be able to work flexible hours 7 days / week
- Must be able to work a 40 hour work week
- Must be able to work shift work
- Must be able to walk and/or stand during an entire 8 hour shift
- Must be able to stay alert for 8 hours
- Possess a neat, clean, and presentable appearance
- Must be able to pass extensive background screening including, but not limited to, drug screening (five panel tests) FBI fingerprint check, SSN trace, employment and educational confirmations